11 February 2006

 

A Favorite Photo

I have this long-term goal of scanning every single photograph I've got.

Stop laughing.

Anyway, in the process of finding the Disneyland monorail photo below, I ran across the picture here. I was visiting Montreal with my brother Dan and his wife Suzie when the Canadiens beat the Flames on the road for the Stanley Cup. Either the next day or the one after that, there was a humongous street party / celebration that Suzie and I happened upon while out doing the tourist thing.

I've always really liked this picture. Every "Rue Stanley" sign in town was being carried around by guys like these. They were happy, blitzed, and completely oblivious to everything except "WE WON!"

Oh yeah, click on the photo for options to look at it with better resolutions.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?