03 April 2008

 

From My Brother

A note from my brother, Dan, in Lawrenceburg, Tennessee, that left me feeling very proud.
At the time I was born and during the time I grew up, America was undisputed as the leader of the free world and was the greatest country on this earth. Feeble challenges by the Soviet Union only served to unify us as nation that believed in itself.

Somehow, someone or some group began to divide us into a nation of factions.

I believe very deeply that the platforms that have been put forward by the Democratic party are the correct ones.

I believe that we are all created equal. I believe in free speech. Even though I have been a hunter and gun owner must all my life, I believe in gun control, and I believe that Americans have no need for assault rifles or automatic pistols. I believe that the government does indeed know best in some instances and has every right to control certain aspects of out lives.

I have led a wonderful and blessed life. I grew up in a different time. I am not afraid of the future. I am not afraid to vote for a black man for president. I am not afraid for my president to sit down and talk to world leaders we do not agree with. In fact, I believe it is the only way we can possibly solve our differences.

I hope and pray that I am correct and that the Democrats that I have so much faith in will take their responsibility seriously and unite to fight those in the government who are there only to serve their own special interests.

I am proud to be your brother and I am proud that you fight for what you believe in!
I hope to see you soon!

Labels: , ,


Comments:
go dad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?