04 July 2008

 

Enjoy the Fourth (or What's Left of It)

Sorry for the late posting about it being the Fourth of July. We're having a low-key day here. Worked on the photos earlier, and now we're just home from the dog park in Winter Park (where Ursa got to get in the water).

Fireworks? Maybe. Or maybe just what the neighbors do.

I finished the Zachary Taylor bio a week or so ago, and the Millard Fillmore one arrived yesterday. Does that satisfy the patriotism quota?

Okay, how about this?

STOP YER CRYBABY SOBBIN' AND GET BACK TO SUPPORTING, NOT BITCHIN' ABOUT, OBAMA.

Sorry to shout, but that was for the know-it-alls, the Daily Kos crowd, who are intent on being supremely dissatisfied. Look, he's a politician. A good one, and one whom I'm happy to support wholeheartedly. But I don't harbor some kind of delusion that he's going to agree with me about everything, or maybe even most things. He agrees with me on enough, and I'm comforatable enough with his temperament and judgment.

So, if you're in one of those "he didn't pass my litmus test" moods, SNAP OUTTA IT. GROW UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF.

I'm looking forward to next year at this time, anticipating the Obama will be President of these United States. That'll be a long way to come from the writer of "We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all men are created equal" having been a slave owner.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?