24 March 2009

 

Ada Lovelace Day

"I will publish a blog post on Tuesday 24th March about a woman in technology whom I admire but only if 1,000 other people will do the same."—The Ada Lovelace Day manifesto.

Tamela Trauth is an alumna of the ERAUDaytona Beach Computer Engineering program. She graduated in fall 2004, and then went to work for Soneticom down in Brevard County.

She's just something else: Loud, exciting, full of life, full of curiosity for how the world is, for how things work, for how things are to be made to do what we want them to. I have had few students who have given me as much joy as she has in her no-holds-barred approach to life, love, and learning. If I could take some small fraction of the devotion she gave toward succeeding in our program and gives towards accomplishment in her job and towards happiness in her life and instill those in any random group of students, I would have a cohort that could change the world almost overnight.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?